ATTENTION: If you cannot install the part correctly, and follow these steps safely, we suggest you find a certified bike mechanic for assembly, maintenance and repair.
Tools and parts: the new shifter with cable, phillips screwdriver, 5mm Allen wrench, needle nose pliers, 3mm Allen wrench, a cup of hot water, wooden hammer, gloves.
1. Remove the right handlebar grip.(handlebar grip installation guide)
2. Remove the throttle.(throttle installation guide)
3. Remove the right brake lever.(brake lever installation guide)
4. Remove the old shifter
a. Notice that the end of the shifter cable is sharp, so be careful during installation.
b. Locate the shifter cable cap near the derailleur on the right side of the rear wheel, use the needle nose pliers to remove the cable cap from the end of shifter cable, then put it aside.
c. Use a 5mm Allen wrench to loosen the cable pinch bolt about one turn to pull the cable out of the pinch bolt, but be careful not to remove the bolt.
d. Lift the rear wheel off the ground, rotate the pedals forward and shift the ebike to 7th gear, the chain is on the smallest gear. Then use phillips screwdriver to loosen the shifter bolt on the bottom of the shifter.
e. Locate where the shifter cable connects to the shifter, then pull the cable housing away from the shifter so that you can see the exposed cable.
f. Remove the old shifter with cable from cable housing and handlebar.
5. Install the new shifter
a. Slide the new shifter with cable onto the handlebar, then insert the end of the cable into the cable housing and push the cable through the cable housing carefully.
b. Locate the end of the first cable housing near the crank and notice that the cable exposes from the first housing.
c. Locate the second cable housing, and pass the cable through the second housing, notice that the cable exposes from the second housing.
d. Pass the cable through the tension adjustment bolt and inner cable pinch bolt, pull the cable so that it is not slack, but notice not to be too tight.
e. We suggest that tighten the inner cable pinch bolt with 5mm Allen wrench firmly then loosen the bolt about one turn.
f. Lift the rear wheel off the ground, rotate the pedals forward and shift the ebike to check the function of the shifter, cut the excess shifter cable and make sure that the length of remaining cable is within 50mm.
g. Install the shifter cable cap into the end of cable with needle nose pliers, make sure the cap is installed at the end of the cable securely.
6. Reinstall the right brake lever.(brake lever installation guide)
7. Reinstall the throttle.(throttle installation guide)
8. Reinstall the right handlebar grip.(handlebar grip installation guide)
1. Check that the shifter is installed in the handlebar tightly, and the function of the brake lever.
2. Check that the two cable housings are located on the frame and not be fallen down.
3. Open the display and check the function of the brake and the throttle.
4. Check that the grip is installed firmly.