How to Replace the Pedals
Click HERE to purchase the new pedals.
ATTENTION: If you cannot install the part correctly, and follow these steps safely, we suggest you find a certified bike mechanic for assembly, maintenance and repair.
Tools and parts: the new pedals, 15mm wrench
1. Use 15mm wrench to loosen the right pedal by turning counterclockwise, remove the right pedal and put it aside.
2. Use 15mm wrench to loosen the left pedal by turning clockwise, remove the left pedal and put it aside.
3. Install the pedal axle exterior into the crank. The right pedal gose onto the crank on the right side of the bike(which is located at the rider’s right side when riding).
4. Right pedal: the right pedal is threaded to tighten by turning clockwise, carefully thread the right pedal onto the crank on the right ride of the bike by 15mm wrench. Do not cross thread or damage the threads.
5. Left pedal: the left pedal is reverse-threaded and tightens counterclockwise, make sure that the remaining pedal has notches on the exterior of the axle and a “L”stamp at the left end of the axle, indicating it is the left pedal. Carefully thread the pedal onto the left crank slowly by 15mm wrench.
1. Check that the pedals are installed firmly.