HJM derailleur from Shimano, a well-known international supplier, provides you better ride.
ATTENTION:If you cannot install the part correctly, and follow these steps safely, we suggest you find a certified bike mechanic for assembly, maintenance and repair.
Tools and parts: the new derailleur, 5mm Allen wrench, needle nose pliers, chain cutter, chain hook device
1. Remove the chain first.
a. Hook the chain with the chain hook device, to prevent the chain from springing off.
b. Choose a chain pin randomly, place the chain on the fixed base of the chain cutter, and align the selected chain pin with the top shaft of the screw.
c. Rotate the screw to make the top shaft support the chain pin then continue to rotate the screw until the chain part. Be careful not to push the chain shaft out of the chain.
d. Remove the chain hook device and the chain, Note the original chain installation at the derailleur.
2. Clamp the derailleur cable cap with needle nose pliers and remove it.
3. Loosen the bolt of pressing the brake cable with a 5mm Allen wrench, then remove the derailleur cable from derailleur.
4. Loosen the bolt of derailleur with a 5mm Allen wrench, and remove the derailleur and bolt, put them aside.
5. Install the new derailleur. Align the derailleur mounting hole with the fram, tighten the derailleur bolt with a 5mm Allen wrench.
6. Locate the derailleur cable into the derailleur, then tighten the bolt of pressing the brake cable with a 5mm Allen wrench.
7. Locate the derailleur cable cap in the end of the derailleur cable, and clamp it with need nose pliers.
8. ReInstall the chain.
a. Install the chain into the freewheel and derailleur, paying attention to the original installation direction of the chain on the derailleur. Then put the chain on the crank. (recommendation: the protruding side of the chain shaft faces outwards for easier installation.)
b. Hook the chain with the chain hook device for easier installation.
c. Put the inner plate into the outer plate, then put the chain into the chain cutter fixed base. Align the chain pin with the top shaft of the screw.
d. Make sure the top shaft support the chain pin correctly and then rotate the screw until the chain pin is installed fully.
e. Remove the chain hook device
1. Check that the chain perfom well.
2. Press the button “i”to turn on the e-bike system, turn the shifter to check whether the derailleur system can work normally.